Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Purpose: Why I chose this key word.

Out of the many possibilities, identity stuck out to me for many different reasons. Much like an FCAT essay topic, it was very general and broad. In all honesty, I saw it as an easy opportunity. But after reading Born Digital I realized that focusing on online identities vs. our "real" identities may yield some interesting results.

This blog will focus on some main aspects of online identities: social networking sites, music sharing sites, blog sites, YouTube, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and other various internet societies that I know are popular or that I am a part of. I will attempt to explain, from my point of view, why these online aspects of our personalities are so important. [I didn't say I would find an answer, but you have to think about something before you can even "find" an answer.

I am open to comparing explanations from the readings that we have in class as well as some outside sources. And I am going to use examples, mainly my own personal posts, of what these parts of our lives shares with the world.

Is there a difference between the age of technology we, all of us, live in now and those of the books we all read in school about dystopian societies?



No comments:

Post a Comment