Monday, September 13, 2010

So what's going on here?

This is my multimodal project. I am declaring this mine. I chose to do a blog, not just because it makes adding all these different mediums into one place easier but because of the way I can present it. Blogs have the reputation of being personal. They aren't just websites meant for relaying information, they're websites relaying only the information that the owner wants to share. They're usually opinions and rants about things that are bothering people. And since I enjoy ranting, and some of these issues "inspire" me, I thought this would be the best choice.

My key word is IDENTITY and I'm using this blog to focus more on what it means in our generation and what it may mean to the generations after. I am going to ponder such things as: are our online identities so very different from our real identities? How are they different? And I'm going to relate them to my own online identities and explore how my online and reality identities differ.

I plan to include my reflections on some of the class readings, YouTube videos, posts from Twitter, Facebook, and various other items that I believe make up our online identities.

I plan to use this as an exploration of what identity really means in this day and age.

No comments:

Post a Comment